Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Breakfast Sandwich #56 - Lazy Jane's Cafe aka Carbo Loading

Sandwich: Speedy Eggwich
Location: Lazy Jane's Cafe
Date: April 30, 2016
Cost: $4.25

I haven't eaten at Lazy Jane's for several years. Not sure how that happened, but I've stopped in for the bomb-ass* scones several times. On this day it finally felt like the right time to go.

*That link is for a potato recipe but it was the first SFW link that came up when I searched "bomb-ass". I haven't tried the recipe but it looks simple and tasty, especially with the bacon. I would use real garlic and onions and mix some gouda in with the cheddar. I'd probably use less cream cheese also, a whole package sounds like a lot.

If you've noticed the large gap between reviews you can surmise that I have not been going out for breakfast much lately so its understandable that I may have gotten a little carried away at Lazy Jane's. I had to have a lemon scone, it would be foolish not to. The breakfast sandwich is a given. When I saw cheesy grits on the menu it didn't occur to me that perhaps I didn't really need them. Well, I didn't. I ended up taking two bites and bringing the rest home, which was great the next morning when I actually ate them. Unless you're carbo loading for a triathlon I don't think you need all of those items. Still, grits to go is a solid plan.

They call it the Speedy Eggwich. It does look fast.

Alluring cheese.

A tantalizing glimpse.
The Sandwich - Speedy Eggwich, eggs, sausage and cheddar cheese on a toasted English Muffin. There are no options offered on this sandwich but sausage sounded about right on this day. There was plenty of cheddar cheese and while I like my eggs a bit runnier, they weren't too far past that. English Muffin is a solid breakfast sandwich bread - it toasts nicely to give it a little crunch but the inside stays soft and it still keeps everything together. Good job English Muffin!

The Result - 4 carbohydrates out of 5 carbohydrates. This was a solid, no frills breakfast sandwich. It came screaming right down the middle of the road and it was tasty. I haven't reviewed very many sandwiches lately and I feel like my calibration is off a little bit, but I know this was a breakfast sandwich that can be proud of itself. Also, you should get a scone.



No comments:

Post a Comment