Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Diversions - Deconstructing A Chicago Bear's Sandwich

Matt Forte of the Chicago Bears recently did an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit and a fellow named ToddTheTurnip asked him this question:

What's your favorite breakfast?

Matt Forte:

I eat really healthy so I like turkey bacon -- not just any kind, but Oscar Meyers turkey bacon. I'll fry an egg and make a breakfast sandwich. I also make green smoothies with kale and ginger.
---
Forte was born in 1985 and this Oscar Mayer jingle was before his time so I guess I should give him a pass on spelling Oscar Mayer wrong.

Turkey bacon. I don't know about that. I haven't had it for at least a couple of years. Maybe I should try it again but I'm skeptical. Very skeptical. I question the Oscar Mayer brand as well, I'd probably lean towards something like this.

I'm willing to let those things go but he didn't mention any cheese. You can't really have a breakfast sandwich without some cheese. Maybe he really doesn't use cheese? It could be some residual hatred of Wisconsin/Packers/Cheeseheads. The questioning was done by the time I saw it or I would have asked him about the cheese and his bread choice.

Anyway, that sandwich sounds kind of plain and dry. I didn't eat it, but I'm pretending to eat one in my head right now. It's on an English Muffin that is perfectly toasted. Still, it needs cheese or some wasabi aioli or something.

I give it 1.33 Cheeseheads out of 5 Cheeseheads. That smoothie sounds pretty damn tasty though.



No comments:

Post a Comment