Thursday, April 30, 2015

YOBS (Year Of the Breakfast Sandwich) pt. III

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world (such as San Francisco)
And you may ask yourself
Well...Where can I get a breakfast sandwich in this town?

That's a nice little list and it includes a fun map.

But you may find yourself in New York City, in which case this list is going to steer you in the right direction. It also has a fun map. Check out #7 from Blue Smoke, made with burnt ends of their brisket. Damn. There is also a place called Pig's 'n Thighs (#9) that has a sandwiches called "Banjo" and "Hippie Banjo". I think they may be pandering to Banjo players but I'm not against that. There are some diverse options on that list and I support that.

Indirectly related to breakfast sandwiches is this guy ranting about bacon. Note that he published that piece on January 7, which is the same day I declared 2015 the Year Of The Breakfast Sandwich. I guess we had completely different attitudes on that day but I get where he is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment